Thank you for you interest in IMPACTING our youth in our communities both personally and artistically. SCCA’s volunteers are vital in completing our mission to best serve our community. We rely heavily on the support of our volunteers to govern our policies, plan programs and for our funding development.
We have various volunteering opportunities, find the one that best compliments your passion.
(Left to Right) Chantel Motes, Tammy Sperry, Keya Wilson, Paris Williams & Laesha Williams (Sewing Class Instructors
What volunteer positions are open at Star City?
Visual Art Instructors Performing Arts Instructors
Homework Help Tutors Food Servers
Field Trip Monitor Administrative Assistant
Resource Center Manager Resource Center Assistant
Public Relations Manager Multimedia Developer
Program Assistant Manger Legal Specialist
Promotional Team Receptionist
Graphic Artist Fundraiser Team
Program Director Youth Impacter
How to become a Star City IMPACTER in 7 easy steps
1. Obtain Child Abuse History Clearances
Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearances (CY113)
Child Abuse Clearance can be obtained through the Child Welfare Portal.
Pennsylvania Criminal Record Checks for Volunteers (SP4-164A)
Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal History Check can be obtained here.
Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Checks
A FBI Fingerprint Criminal History Clearance is obtained by registering on the Cogent, Inc. website.
For more information about the clearances visit the PA Department of Human Services.
2. Fill out Star City’s Volunteer Application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring the application to the center.
3. Contact our SCCA Representative at email@example.com for your interview or SCCA’s next volunteer orientation.
At the interview /orientation ( Bring a valid ID)
4. Review The Goals, Values, Vision and Policies
5. Fill out Star City Volunteer Agreement
6. Fill out Star City’s Curriculum Planner
7. Impact as many youth as possible!